Student Job Ready Program a Success
31 March 2021
My Gateway recently held a Job Ready program in conjunction with Mount Annan High School’s Year 11 STEP class.
Some of the students who participated in the program. Photo: My Gateway.
Nine students participated in the five-week course, which covered the following areas:
- Overview of apprenticeships and traineeships
- Job seeking and interview skills
- How to write a cover letter and resume
- Employee rights and responsibilities
- Workplace expectations
- Pay, tax and superannuation
- Workplace health and safety
Students participated well in class discussions and some have already put theory into practice and are actively job seeking using the tips they learnt in the course.
We would like to thank Mount Annan High School and the students for their participation, as well as Campbelltown City Council for allowing us to use their facilities to run this program.