What Does a Business Administration Traineeship Involve?
17 April 2020
Out of the many traineeships My Gateway offers, business administration is one of the most popular. Undertaking a Certificate III or IV in Business Administration can provide you with skills and knowledge to work across a variety of industries and professional environments.
A business administration traineeship will see you perform a variety of regular tasks. These include:
- Answering incoming calls from customers, taking messages or transferring calls to assist with the enquiry
- Collecting and distributing incoming mail as well as arranging couriers and post collection for outgoing mail
- Communicating professionally with IT, Marketing, Finance, Sales and Executive departments
- Formatting business documents in Microsoft Word, Excel and other business IT systems
- Monitoring and managing email enquiries ensuring they are delivered to the right person for timely responses
- Coordinating the accurate entry of customer, client, product and or research information into related database systems
Skill Requirements for Success
To be successful in your business administration traineeship, you will need to develop strong skills in the following areas. These include:
- Being customer focused
- Having strong written and verbal communication skills
- Being well-presented and articulate
- Having the ability to multitask and work to deadlines