5 April 2019
My Gateway is now taking on school-based apprentices and trainees.
Our new school-based initiative emphasises on the promotion, recruitment and employment of school-based apprentices and trainees – otherwise known as SBATs. We have recently employed a handful of SBAT apprentices, with a focus to increase SBAT commencements for 2020!
We’re looking forward to seeing more young people in apprenticeships and traineeships! Photo credit: My Gateway.
What are School-Based Apprenticeships and Traineeships?
Not everyone will be aware of what a school-based apprenticeship or traineeship is, or how they work.
In simple terms, an apprenticeship or traineeship is undertaken whilst the student is still at school. It incorporates school, paid work and formal training with the student gaining credit towards their HSC. To be eligible to undertake a school-based apprenticeship or traineeship, the student must be at least 15 years old.
How My Gateway can help
For aspiring apprentices and trainees
When you become a school based apprentice or trainee with My Gateway, you will:
- Start your career while still at school – you will be trained, receive a qualification and get the job of your dreams!
- Have a dedicated School-Based Coordinator assist you through the organisation and enrolment process.
- Be paid correctly and on time every week.
- Have no student debt as we pay your TAFE/training fees.
- Have job security and we can place you with an alternate business if work runs out.
- Have a dedicated mentor to help guide you through your school based apprenticeship or traineeship.
- Be issued a work uniform (*Trade specific).
- Be in a safe work environment as all our work sites are safety checked.
Employing a school based apprentice or trainee through My Gateway is easy and risk free! When you hire a school based apprentice or trainee through us, we offer you the following services:
- FREE recruitment including advertising, interviewing, reference checking and shortlisting candidates.
- Management and responsibility for payroll, workers compensation, superannuation etc.
- A My Gateway School-Based Coordinator to organise and assist with the enrolment process.
- A dedicated My Gateway Employment & Career Partner will visit the worksite and provide ongoing support.
- You can return the apprentice/trainee back to us if things do not work out or business slows down.
- Your school based apprentice/trainee will have 24/7 access to our free, confidential counselling service to assist with work related and personal issues.
Get in contact with us!
If you are interested in learning more about My Gateway’s School-Based program, please contact Rebecca Alliston, our School-Based Coordinator, via firstname.lastname@example.org.