1 April 2019
Here at My Gateway, we get regular questions around job applications, interviews and how our selection process works. Applying for a job can be a new and daunting experience, especially for young people, so we want to help make this experience as simple for you as possible.
Meet Aiza and Jemma, our hard-working Recruitment team members. They answer calls and emails daily, providing help and guidance to job seekers and parents who are looking for the right information.
Meet Jemma, our Recruitment Administration Trainee, and Aiza, our Internal Recruiter. Photo credit: My Gateway.
A recent query around resumes got the team thinking about the key points they look for in a resume. Sometimes, Aiza and Jemma go through hundreds of resumes a day, so they are well equipped to know what makes a resume stand out. Here are their tips!
- Contact details! Make sure your resume includes the right information for us to contact you. Best to include this at the top of the first page.
- Keep your resume clear, clean and professional in appearance. Make sure it is easy to read, email and scan.
- Talk yourself up! We want to hear about some of your achievements – whether at school or in a previous job.
- Include at least two referees and their details. It is important to ensure they have given you permission to pass on their information.
- Check your resume for any typos or mistakes! Have at least two people read over it before you starting sending it off to employers.
Check out our Current Vacancies to see what apprenticeships and traineeships we have available!